We’re hosting a series of Zoom meet-and-greets with Democratic candidates for statewide office in the 2021 Virginia elections. The series is co-sponsored with the York-Poquoson Democrats, Williamsburg Indivisible Group and Peninsula Indivisible.
2021 is a big year in Virginia politics, with many candidates already running for the Democratic nominations for Governor, Lieutenant Governor and Attorney General. With so many contenders, we want to be sure to give you a chance to meet them all and hear what they have to say.
Upcoming events include:
- Jennifer McClellan, the Richmond state senator who is running for the nomination for Governor, Sunday, Jan. 10 at 7 pm. Join the Zoom here or call 301-715-8592 and use meeting ID 838 2650 3906 and passcode 773320
- Elizabeth Guzman, the Delegate from Woodbridge who is running for the Lieutenant Governor nomination, Thursday, Jan. 14 at 7 pm. Join the Zoom here or call 301-715-8592 and use meeting ID 8580604708602 and passcode 489087.
- Sean Perryman, youngest-ever NAACP president in Fairfax, who is running […]
It’s down to the wire and we need to get every vote in. We can do that by making phone calls, texting phones and dropping lit on doorsteps. Let’s step it up and go go go!
Here are some opportunities with our great candidates for Congress, Qasim Rashid in the 1st District and Congresswoman Elaine Luria in the 2nd District.
QASIM RASHID’S EVENTS (1st District, House of Representatives):
- Send texts for Qasim. Can’t do phone calling? Try texting instead. Sign up here for Saturday through Election Day. Want to get started earlier? Email Stephanie or text her at 540-529-8229 so she can send you a link.
- Absentee Ballot Followup. Call folks in James City County who haven’t returned their absentee ballots. Email Stephanie or text her at 540-529-8229 for a link.
- Contact-free Lit Drops. Email or text Stephanie or MK Sizemore to sign up. Pick up lit and list at MK’s house, 4704 Yarrow Ct., Williamsburg 23188
Email Stephanie Lodico or text her at 540-529-8229
Email MK Sizemore or text her at 757-291-5260
- Phone banking links […]
The 2020 general election ballot includes our Democratic candidates:
Joe Biden | President
Kamala Harris | Vice President
Mark Warner | Senate
House of Representatives:
Qasim Rashid | House District 1
Elaine Luria | House District 2
Two Constitutional amendments will also be on the ballot:
Changes the process for redrawing political boundaries every 10 years.
A “Yes” vote creates a new redistricting commission of citizens and state legislators to draw districts.
A “No” vote maintains state legislature control of redistricting.
Vehicle property tax relief for 100% disabled veterans
A “Yes” vote means one vehicle will be exempt from state personal property tax for these disabled veterans.
A “No” vote means there is no tax relief for these veterans